Facial skin cleansing Soap Cosmetic – Some advertisements for soap claim that the soap it offers gives the skin softness and velvety. However, cosmetologists recommend the use of this hygienic product as infrequently as possible.
Who to trust?
Soap is the only cosmetic we use every day. Therefore, it has a great impact on the condition of the skin. Despite the great innovations in soap production, the principle of its manufacture is the same as it was several thousand years ago: it is obtained by boiling animal or vegetable fat in soda. The best and most expensive soaps are made on the basis of coconut fat and the more this component in them, the more the soap softens the skin. Palm, soybean and cotton oils are also used as a base, and animal fats – mink, beef and sheep fat.
Modern studies show that the less dye and fragrance there is in the soap, the lower the risk of skin irritation. Many elite cosmetic companies have completely refused to add artificial components to the soap. The exception is a soap with an exfoliating effect. Such a scrub-soap contains the remnants of a blueberry or hazelnut shell, or a synthetic scrub that so finely removes dead tissue from the skin that it does not damage the living. Soap with exfoliating properties is effective before using other cosmetics (nourishing cream, mask), because deeply cleansed skin better absorbs nutrients.
Human skin and acid-base balance
The quality of a hygienic product can be judged by its pH, which should approach the acid-base balance of healthy human skin (5.5-5.6). But even soap with such a rate does not suit sensitive skin – after washing the mouth often there is a feeling of tightness, and with regular use the skin may flake and dry out. Soda has this unpleasant effect. The alkaline environment breaks down the skin’s protective lipid APC, which the body needs several hours to repair. Soda is especially abundant in cheap soaps, so it is not worth using them to wash your face and body, but it will help you to wash your hands, because the skin of your hands is the most durable. It is better to use a special milk or lotion for facial cleansing, and a shower gel for the body. But if you still choose to use soap, choose the best one. We will help you with that.
Soap does not dry the skin, it is added to natural, beneficial substances for the skin:
- Glycerin soap – softens and moisturizes the skin and protects it from the harmful effects of the outside world. Suitable for problem and sensitive skin.
- Vaseline Soap – Leaves a protective coating that protects the skin from drying out. Specially formulated for dry and irritated skin.
- Copper soap – its properties have been known since the XIX century. Contains birch bark and is invaluable for the treatment and prevention of some skin diseases.
- Honey soap – restores, increases tone, softens, rejuvenates and nourishes, softens and velvets the skin.
- Oatmeal soap – helps to normalize skin oiliness, prevents irritation and redness, softens, moisturizes and protects the skin from the harmful effects of the outside world.
- Soap with Sochi extract – useful for problem skin. Promotes healing of small cracks, prevents skin irritation and the development of pigmentation.
- Soap with chamomile extract – contains flavonoids, essential oils and vitamins that improve the skin’s protective function and prevent it from drying out.
There are several types of soap that are boiled in small quantities according to ancient recipes. Such soaps are sold in the form of semi-transparent coarse sticks. Sometimes contains small pieces of natural fruit or vegetables. Instead of soda, they contain mild foaming components of plant origin, so such soaps do not hurt the skin.
Our skin is home to many beneficial bacteria. These bacteria protect us from the invasion of harmful microorganisms and thus prevent the development of infectious skin diseases. Antibacterial soaps are created to solve the same problem. But keep in mind that they kill all bacteria indiscriminately – both harmful and beneficial. In addition, harmful microbes develop resistance to the antibacterial substances contained in the soap, which makes it more difficult to fight them, so experts advise us not to use antibacterial soap on a daily basis.