Menopause, or climax, means the complete disappearance of the menstrual cycle, which occurs from 40 to 55 years. Premature menopause is considered if it has stopped before the age of 40.
Menopause is accompanied by a number of hormonal transformations in the body. From 35 to 50 years, the biological life of the ovary is slowly coming to an end.
At this time, hormone production decreases and the egg rarely matures, which is manifested by an irregular menstrual cycle.
The main symptoms of menopause are:
- Sleep disorders
- Depression and anxiety
- Acceleration of heart rate
All these and other symptoms are caused by hormonal changes, they disappear by themselves after the completion of the ongoing transformations in the body.
Prolonged hormonal deficiency can contribute to the development of several diseases, such as: cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis, urinary incontinence, etc.
Decreased estrogens also cause shrinkage of the skin and mucous membranes.
At this time the skin wrinkles, sexual intercourse becomes painful, chronic conjunctivitis develops. With estrogen deficiency, the so-called joint cream (synovial fluid) is less produced in the joints, which causes joint pain.
To avoid the complications associated with menopause, a healthy diet, adequate physical activity, and replenishment of hormone deficiency are essential.
- Eat foods rich in calcium
- Limit animal fats and baked goods
- Eat plant-rich foods rich in vitamins
- Control weight, increased fat will cause the pelvic floor muscle to load, resulting in enhanced bladder function.
- With the help of regular exercise, your blood circulation will improve
- Calcium metabolism in the bones will also be improved
- Supplementing hormone deficiency will increase bone density
- Avoid bladder problems
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by 50%.
- The use of hormones not only increases the risk of developing tumors, but also reduces the risk of developing tumors of the uterus, ovaries and colon. As for breast cancer, there is no consensus on it yet
- During hormone therapy, women initially gain 2-3 kg, although they soon lose weight.
In a few months, women who take hormones gain less weight compared to those who refuse hormone therapy.
Hormone therapy can be replaced with herbal preparations such as catalpa, ginseng, sage, etc.
However, they are less effective.