If the child refuses food – For a long time, psychologists have recognized that many things in life depend on the psychological mood, which is subconsciously
We will pass it on to the children as well. Often this attitude is due to the wrong attitude towards food, greed, greed at the table, and later – intestinal problems.
We must focus on one of the most typical problems for the citizens of the former Soviet Union. Our ancestors knew well what hunger and food shortages are (collectivization, war, displacement…). In the 80s, we also had a deficit.
First of all, we must realize that a child eats not for the sake of his mother or father, but for his own health. This is a pretty serious factor that has a strong impact on the psyche. If the little one feels that he is eating for the pleasure of his parents, we will not get a positive result for his mental or physical development. Of course, it is impossible to transform grandmothers – their only goal is to feed the baby well. Parents really ought to train themselves. The first step in this regard is to understand the problem, and the second is to think differently. We must first find out what can not:
- Force feeding. It is dangerous not only physically but also mentally. First of all, we must take into account that when eating in a positive mood, the body produces good enzymes for digestion and absorption of nutrients. If a person eats forcefully, the brain sends a signal to reject the “harmful substance”, which may disrupt the eating process. That is why it is not desirable to force feed a child. In addition, in the case of constant violence, the child suffers from fear, helplessness, lack of choice before eating, which is harmful to his psyche.
- Blackmail. Everyone already knows that eating in exchange for any condition is undesirable. This tactic distorts the child morally.
- Norm, you have to stop searching for what is the norm for a particular age and you have to get used to the idea that it is not necessary for a child to always have the same appetite. Consequently, the amount of food he receives will also change periodically.
- Eat until the end, clean the plate. The child must be given the opportunity to choose the number of favors. It should also be noted that the amount of food consumed is determined by human weight. So if at dinner your child can’t eat as much soup or cutlets as you do, don’t be surprised.
- Can not play with food. This view is also wrong. At some point, for example up to 3 years, this is also necessary. The child is introduced to the new substance while tasting the food by hand. When his little fingers turn into puree or graze the pasta, we should calmly deal with the matter. This is perfectly normal. The child is introduced to the world through tactile sensation. He studies food in this way, develops a positive attitude towards it, in which special tactile receptors are also involved. Do not think that etiquette is necessary even at this age. Soon the desire to put your hand in the soup will disappear unnoticed and everything will be fine, the most important thing is for the mother to be patient and not to shout hysterically about the spilled soup. Moreover, some experts believe that if the child wants to, we should not force him to eat by hand. To grow up, learn to use a spoon, fork, knife, yet it is necessary to get acquainted with hitherto unknown products. To do this, the child does not have the taste of food, new tactile sensations are necessary.
- Mother’s diet. When a parent restricts something, it transmits a negative attitude towards food to the child. Perceives small foods as harmful and dangerous. The more often the mother talks about diet, the greater the likelihood that the child will have a bad appetite and look at many products with disdain. Really, why should a baby eat soup and cutlets when the mother likes it and eats black bread?
- The child is hungry. This is unbelievable. If the parents are questioned in detail, it will be clear that their child eats nothing but waffles, cakes, chips and chocolate. Of course, after such a menu will no longer be associated with small vegetable soup. Such stimuli should be prohibited, the child should be physically loaded, often walk in the fresh air. If meals have not been arranged after these events, then attention is really needed.
If the child refuses to take the necessary product, do not worry, it is better to wait. There will come a time and the little one will surely taste it. Feeding a child in fast food outlets and semi-finished products is undesirable. For a long time, such foods are rich in additives and preservatives, and frequent intake of foods containing such substances is not good. To follow this recommendation, you will also need to review your own menu. It is a well-known fact that a child first imitates a parent. Your little one will definitely refuse a vegetable salad if mom and dad put the frozen pizza in the stove and look forward to its preparation. Try to arrange dried fruits and fresh fruits instead of chocolate or chips in a conspicuous place for the child at home. Of course, some parents will be outraged to say that these tips are impossible to heed, but the main thing is diligence.
See also: Eggs in baby’s menu