Vaginal dryness poses intimate problems for a woman. Establishing an intimate connection at such times
It is difficult – often a woman also experiences pain.
Vaginal dryness can be caused by various factors:
- Hormonal changes are one of the most common causes. In most cases, estrogen levels decrease during menopause, after childbirth, or during lactation. The same result can be achieved with chemotherapy treatment. Vaginal health is largely dependent on estrogen levels, which play a crucial role in the lubrication process.
- Vaginal dryness can be caused by psycho-neurological factors.
- Vaginal dryness is sometimes associated with the side effects of taking various medications – for example, some drugs in the anti-allergic or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory group cause the mucous membranes to dry out.
- Sometimes a woman has decreased libido, or does not get enough arousal before sexual intercourse, and this can also cause vaginal dryness.
- Soaps, other means of hygiene, perfumes can cause irritation of the vaginal mucosa. Too many women are allergic to such products. Underwear and towels are also considered irritants. In most cases, a woman does not even know that she is allergic to this or that fabric or product.
- It is noteworthy that dysbiosis develops throughout the body and vagina after treatment with antibiotics, which is also often the cause of dryness.
How to restore the mucosa?
In each case it is necessary to seek the help of a specialist and perform appropriate tests to determine the exact cause of dryness. Treatment should be carried out accordingly, for example in case of estrogen deficiency, hormonal correction may be required, if medications are causing dryness, caution should be exercised when prescribing them.
However, local therapy is necessary to restore vaginal epithelialization and elasticity. The best remedy for this treatment is cicatridine candles.
The activity of cicatridine vaginal suppositories is due to the hyaluronic acid contained in it, which provides structural strength, trophicity and elasticity to the tissue.
Relieves symptoms of vaginal mucosal atrophy (painful intercourse, vaginal dryness, itching);
In addition, cicatridine is used to stimulate healing of vaginal trauma after cervical surgery, as well as to stimulate healing of obstetric trauma after childbirth, for irradiation of the pelvis (radiation therapy, brachytherapy), and for post-traumatic stress disorder; To reduce bleeding and stimulate healing in the treatment of inflammation of the cervix (cervicitis); To relieve symptoms of vaginal discomfort after treatment of vaginal mycosis; For correction of local immunity after antibiotic therapy.
Cicatridine candle is used in the evening or according to the doctor’s prescription.